When looking for a nursing home or an aged care facility in Townsville, it is important to find a centre that offers stimulating activities. These activities are important for your seniors to live a satisfactory life. They should provide a quality nursing home experience with fun and engaging activities for their residents. You really have to go out of your way to find a nursing home Townsville has today to ensure that your seniors live a happy and fulfilling life.
Below are activities that help stimulate seniors and encourage them to do something during their free time:
1. Light Gardening — If your senior loved ones are fond of gardening, look for a nursing home Townsville wide that has enough space for gardening. They can plant herbs and vegetables with the supervision of their staff. This is also a great way for seniors to have outdoor time and engage in exercise. If there is no space for a full garden, ask if you can bring potted plants inside their rooms as an alternative.
2. Musical Events — If your senior has a passion for music, find a Townsville nursing home that has musical events. This is a great way to entertain your seniors and relieve their stress and anxiety. A karaoke machine is also a great alternative. Check if they invite music groups to perform for the seniors and provide an enchanting experience.
3. Holidays and Birthday Parties — Birthdays and holidays are a great way to reduce lonely times for senior residents. Make sure that the nursing home Townsville has today allows you to celebrate birthdays and holidays with your elderly. You can bring food inside the facility and even let your senior loved ones celebrate their special days with other residents. Check it out at Arcare
4. Story Time — Not all seniors can participate in activities that require mobility. If your loved one has difficulties in moving on his own, then story times would be ideal for him. One interesting way to do it is for seniors to share their stories with teens or young kids. As young people nowadays grew up with gadgets, they would be fascinated about how their grandparents enjoyed their childhood. There are seniors who have colourful stories about wartime, about life after the war, or about learning survival skills. This is also a great way for your ageing loved ones to find things and experiences they have in common with their fellow seniors.
5. Sensory Stimulation — This type of activity is suitable for residents who are bed-ridden. Since they have diminished cognitive skills, tactile stimulation is equally important. This will require them to use their fingers to feel textures from soft to rough. Ask if the nursing home Townville has today offers sensory stimulation for clients who have a diminished sense of touch.
These are just a few activities that will help engage your senior loved ones while staying in a nursing home. Caring for the elderly should not only focus on finding a centre that offers a lot of activities. You still have to evaluate the needs of your loved ones and determine the best ways to keep them entertained and engaged. If you are looking for quality palliative care Townsville has today, visit https://arcare.com.au/qld-aged-care/arcare-north-shore-townsville/.