In this virtual age, businesses have tapped into the power of the internet to take their business to the next level. With an online website, you can reach a target audience that you have not reached before. Your ability to operate as a business is not limited by the geographic location. It therefore pays to invest in a functional website to provide easy and reliable access to your products or services. If you have considered hiring a website design Leicester company, you need to know a few things first.
Below is a checklist of do’s and don’ts that you can refer to when comparing Leicester web design service providers:
• DO maintain a structured web page layout. Aside from the aesthetic value of adding grids or columns, it adds a sense of balance and structure to the website. Professional web design services also employ this format because it makes it easier to layout information.
• DO focus on information. One of the biggest debates when designing a website involves two main aspects: design versus function. In an effort to design a beautifully laid out website, make sure you do not lose sight on delivering easy to digest and well presented information.
• DO pick a compelling color scheme. If you have a logo or chosen a color for your brand, stick with that in your website design. If not, understand the concept of color psychology and how certain colors are perceived by your target market. For business websites, website design Leicester companies recommend against using colors that are too bright or too loud.
• DON’T launch under construction pages. If your website is not ready, don’t launch it yet. It’s as simple as that.
• DON’T put too many images or design elements in the home page. Professional web design services in Leicester should provide you with guidelines on what you need on your home page, and which ones you can do without.
• DON’T add flash images or texts. And no page counters either. These are irrelevant information and can make your website look like made by an amateur. In addition, these can mess with you website design.
• DON’T add too many pop-ups. This is just plain annoying. And web users hate it when they have to click on too many things before they can get to an actual web page. Hence, try not to enable pop-ups to convince your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter. Simply place an entry form anywhere on your website for them to opt-in. If they want to subscribe, they will. This is also a more efficient means of building your leads list rather than turning your visitors away.
It takes a professional website design Leicester company to build your website from scratch, especially if you want to build an e-commerce website. A professional designer will custom fit the design based on your needs and budget. If you want your business to stand out online, then you need to choose the right designer for the job. For more details, you can learn more about the entire design process at http://www.leicesterwebsitedesign.com/webdesign.html.